Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Sheet Metal Technician
Location: Bagotville, QC
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence’s integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Inspect, repair, modify, install and troubleshoot sheet metal
- Assess damage and corrosion of aircraft structures
- Maintain aircraft airworthiness by fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing sheet metal products and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Ensure that company Aircraft are prepped and ready for flying activities, with actions including but not limited to:
- Aircraft Pre-Flight Inspections
- Aircraft Towing preparation / activities
- Aircraft Flight Line preparations / activities
- Aircraft Start and Recovery Procedures
- Aircraft Refuelling Procedures
- Aircraft Between Flight Inspections
- Aircraft Post Flight Daily Inspections
- Responsible to sign for accomplishment of own work on applicable work forms and records, and to review forms and records to ensure entries are made in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role and demonstrated success with riveting, bending and custom-forming sheet metal
- Holds a valid TCCA S license in a recognized discipline
- Ramp / Line Experience on a commercial or military aircraft
- Transport Canada approved/accredited course, an asset
- Proven track record of success working on complex assignments requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge
- Strong problem solving abilities and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team and within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in both English and French
- Ability to obtain a positive Security Clearance with the Canadian Government
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to obtain a valid Passport
- Travel within Canada and the United States will be required in this role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role
- Position requires Controlled Goods Clearance and Level 2 Secret Clearance
Discovery Air Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.