Discovery Air Defence Services (DADS) is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DADS you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence Services is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Montreal, QC
A subsidiary of DADS (GATE), an international MRO, is looking for an entry level Administrative Assistant to coordinate the administrative activities related to aircraft parts Repair and Overhaul as well as component procurement activities.
- Create and administer Purchase Orders (PO)
- Coordinate Repair Orders (RO) with suppliers
- Coordinate and submit supplier quotations for approval
- Coordinate shipping and receiving activities for parts being sent to, or received from suppliers
- Support Canadian export requirements
- Follow up with workshops on order progress and expected shipping dates
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain various databases and performance metrics
- Word processing and data entry
- Document filing
- Fax and photocopying
- Ad hoc administrative tasks and special projects as required
- to work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations
- to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
- to report workplace hazards and dangers
- to work in a manner as required by the employer and use the prescribed safety equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with subcontractors
- Valid Quebec driver’s licence and vehicle
- Willingness and resourcefulness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Positive, professional attitude and the ability to take initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and solution oriented
- Ability to work both as part of a team independently
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able and willing to obtain “Secret” security clearance from the Canadian Government and access to the Controlled Goods Program
As an employee, you will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and qualifications:
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence Services is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence Services is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
As part of the Discovery Air family, Discovery Air Defence Services has access to the firefighting support, surveillance and aircraft and airspace management expertise cultivated by Northern Ontario based Discovery Air Fire Services – part of Canada’s aviation industry for more than 50 years - and Great Slave Helicopters Ltd.
Discovery Air Defence Services operates Bombardier CL 601 Challenger aircraft, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Challenger aircraft provides longer flight times and increased capacity, in a dissimilar airframe.
Discovery Air Defence Services operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence Services operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence Services’ fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.